Capital Improvements Initiatives at Meaford Hall Arts and Cultural Centre
Since 2006 the Foundation have raised funds for these major capital improvements through our Christmas Celebration auction, Meaford International Film Festival (MIFF), our Friends program and our Online Auction. These improvements were planned and designed to enhance the overall experience of the patrons, customers, and participants in Meaford Hall. Our most recent project was a major restoration and improvement of the balcony in the Opera House. This was completed in 2017 and was co-funded by the Federal Government, the Municipality of Meaford, and the Foundation.
- A baby Grand Piano in the Opera house;
- A state-of-the-art High Definition digital projector in the Opera House;
- Special UV protection window blinds to protect art shows in the Galleries;
- A new, sprung floor on the stage of the Opera House;
- An upgraded sound system in the Opera House;
- A fully serviced refreshment bar in the North Gallery;
- New drapes for both the Galleries – north and south;
- TV’s throughout The Hall used to monitor performances and inform patrons of upcoming events
- $145,000 towards the balcony restoration in the Opera House at Meaford Hall
- $30,000 towards the return of live Summer Theatre 2018
A proud moment for the Foundation.
Presenting our $145,000 contribution toward the Meaford Hall Balcony Renovation to Mayor Barb Clumpus at the the council meeting on May 8th, 2017.
The Balcony Grand Opening. WOW! What a night it was.
The renovated Meaford Hall Balcony was unveiled at a special ceremony on Saturday May 6, with Mayor Clumpus, members of Council, Meaford Culture Foundation board members, and donors in attendance.