About The Balcony Project?
The Balcony Project was a jointly funded capital project whose purpose was to fully modernize the Balcony in the Opera House at Meaford Hall. The original plan was to complete the balcony renovation during the major restoration of the Hall in 2006, but didn’t fit inside the approved budget of the day. Funding was approved, and construction moved forward and was completed by May 6th, the official opening day. This is the last major element of the original 2006 restoration. FUNDING - There are three sources of funding:
- The Federal Department of Canadian Heritage ($205,000),
- The Municipality of Meaford ($60,000), and
- The Meaford Hall & Culture Foundation ($145,000).
ANTICIPATED IMPROVEMENTS - Designed to heighten the patron’s comfort and enjoyment. The changes include:
- New Premium seats that are larger, softer and have added legroom
- Upgraded lighting
Combined, these changes will create an elegant and enjoyable ambience befitting of the premier Opera House in central Ontario. FUNDRAISING INITIATIVES - The Foundation is offering four options for interested donors.
- A donation in exchange for a Legacy Brass Name Plate to be affixed to a new seat,
- A private or small business cash donation, and
- Corporate donations.
- Click here to access our online donation site.
Please note that all donations are tax deductible. Some restrictions apply to Corporate Donations.